Grateful. And, Bucket List Remixed!
Greetings! Muse here. I do hope today has brought you inspiration and/or motivation.
I am moved by what inspires me-whether that be positive self talk, a recipe, inspiring words, or pictures. I move through my daily life both prepared and anxious. I'm anxiously prepared for what comes and i'm scared of what I may have to deal with. I try to keep a 'glass half full' approach these days. It's far from where I was about 10 years ago. I would wake up scared, nervous, and afraid. My fear on any day was from anything and everything. There were too many uncertainties at that time in my life, it was like being lost. Is that something readers/viewers of my blog can relate to?
I am so happy I don't feel those feelings everyday anymore. Sure, I have some days where I'm faced with decisions, like: who to talk to, or what to say when prompted or even how do I feel about my 'To Do' list and all the Headlines of the day. I have consistency in certain areas of my life now that make it possible for me to say, "ok Melissa, what are we doing today and how do I want today to go?" Can you understand how relieved that makes me feel? Me, the once depressed and anxious Me. I'm so grateful for my past inconsistency, because it brought me here, right here. Today I'm making my 2nd post as promised. Hooray! I noticed in the last 7 days, I've had 31 views. Today is Monday, July (7) 31st. Wow! Is that a coincidence or a sign from the Lord that I am right where I am supposed to be. I'll take both!
Anyway, moving on to something I wanted to talk about-besides what you see above, is the topic of bucket lists. Do you have one? If so, what is on your's? What can you check off and what is left for you to do? Also, have you considered giving your bucket list a new name and a deadline? When I think of bucket lists, it seems so final. You're "planning" what you want to do before your time is up. I say let's move on from that mindset. Let's look at the bucket list in a different way and give it a different name. For My bucket list I am changing the name to: "What I've Done, & What I Plan To Do". Do you see how immedialtely it becomes a moment of reflection, as well as, a wish list at the same time? You establish what you've done so you can decide to repeat it or instead, plan to do something different. I'll give you an example. I have been to Disney World. I plan to visit another Disney theme Park. See! That feels great! If I want to go a step further, I can say I plan to visit another Disney theme park by the year 2033. See that, i'm giving myself a task to do, a goal to work towards, and a deadline to complete it by. If I get there great, if not, no problem. I have something to work towards and look forward to. It's only the beginning. You gotta start somewhere. Give it a try, good luck! Chat again next Monday. 😘
Comments
Post a Comment