Asking the Question ... How do you handle change?

 How do you handle change?  Personally, I don't.  The hardest thing i've ever had to do is adapt to the changes around me-whether that was moving from Arizona to Virginia and then Virginia to Maryland, or accepting that friends or significant others were no longer a part of my life, or motherhood, or job changes, etc.  I could go on & on, but I won't.  The point is ANYTIME i'm faced with a change that was made without my consent, (and i'm not being a brat, I'm just making a point), i've been left with this feeling of anguish, regret, & loneliness.  This is me being vulnerable.  I know it's hard to believe a blog this new & on the 3rd post would be deep but this is all about honesty & transparency.  

@#$%  GLITCH  ^&*()+  (I'M SORRY BUT MY TABLET POWERED DOWN.  THIS POST CONTINUES ON TO TUESDAY) 

As I was saying, change is hard.  Especially, when you were not expecting it or didn't plan it.  Has anyone ever in their life not experienced change?  I doubt it.  The world around us changes all the time-due to climate, politics, religion, society, pop cultue, etc.  All of these are out of our control, and we have to adapt accordingly.  Now, i'm not so concerned with the changes that happen that we don't have control over.  I'm concerned with the ones we do have control over.  For example, you can choose your job, or management chooses you.  What you can't decide on is your co-worker's or your manager or workplace policies.  Those things can change a lot or not at all, if you're lucky.  As for your decisions you make everyday, you can choose to keep the same routine forever, or you can decide to change it as often as everyday or every week, month, and so on.

What is the best way to make a personal change?  Is it best to do it gradually or abruptly?  I like to think we can make these changes on our own without influence.  Is it possible?  What is the problem?  Why can't I change certain things without feeling regret or feeling so gosh darn upset about it?  Why is it so hard to establish new routines?  What are my hang ups, are they personal, or am I truly and unfortunately bound by my position & status in the world I live in & move through everyday?  How do I get out of this?  What is the best course of action when I/you feel this way?  I'm asking the question for myself and for YOU.  Maybe it will help me someday soon.  Maybe it will help someone else later.  I don't know--famous words.  

Only time will tell ...  'til next time, Bye!        

Comments