Relax.

 Has anyone ever told you to relax?  I have heard it said to me and others, i've even said it to other people and myself.  

How do you relax if you're worried, scared, or nervous?  How do you tell others to relax when you have a hard time of it yourself?  I for one find it impossible to relax when i'm worried or anxious.  I know babies have a hard time trying to relax, because when theyre upset, they have no idea what is going on.  Am I saying i'm a baby or I act like one? NO! 

     Well, .. maybe I have adolescent tendencies and you could say i'm acting like a baby.  I could say i'm being childish when I lash out verbally to my significant other or to my children.  Idon't want to do these things, but Ifail sometimes on trying to remain calm or be relaxed.  Let's take a look at -- Relax.

    Relaxing happens in 2 ways or forms.  You choose to relax and you find peace.  Whether that be hobbies, outings with friends, or doing something you enjoy.  Or, simply doing nothing at all can be relaxing.  So can swimming, massages, bubble baths, soft music, a good word from the pastor, and a kind remark or gesture can relax you or put you at ease.  The other is: you're told to relax, often it's a forceful tone and message--the human response initially is to resist with all your might if your stubborn like me and others.  If you take kindly to folks telling you to relax, then you're one of a kind.  You are one of the lucky ones.  If someone says, "Hey, Relax."  You hear it, absorb it. And, listen.  

Now, I don't know many people like that.  I hear all the time, "I wish I could relax" or "I wish someone would tell me to relax" enter in sassiness, condescension, and attitude wherever you like.  It's just not easy, it doesn't come naturally.  We have to work at relaxing.  We have to want to relax as opposed to living in chaos.  We have to want to be the type of people that are calm and can set aside worry, anxiety, and all those other things that make it hard to relax.  We have to want to do the work.  

I commit here and now to relaxation.  I will work hard in my life to relax.  I will commit to having it be part of my daily routine and my weekly activities to find moments to relax, free from all the things that bother me.  I will remove myself from social media and influence in that time.  I will also remove distractions, and make sure my house knows, do NOT bother me during this hour.  I am relaxing doing what makes me happy so I can be a better mom, wife, homemaker, lover, friend, .. whatever.  

Just commiting to doing the work is the first step.  Planning the time is the challenge, and executing the plan of attack is the really agonizing part.  Good luck getting family to get used to you being unavailable for a few minutes, let alone an hour.  Am I right or am I right? This is necessary.  This struggle for peace and relaxation should be a priority.  If you want me and others to be easier to work with and be around, then we all need to choose to be relaxed and relax as often as possible. 


Now, Go!  Sit back, Relax, and have yourself a good time.  Peace ✌

Comments